Thursday, August 27, 2015

Back on the Blog!

Hi folks,

It has been quite some time since I have posted any kind of blog. During this absence I have been listening to and reading comments about what I should or should not publish. Each and every comment has been helpful because I know they have all come the heart.

Jeana and I as very fortunate to have so many people who truly care about the work we do and the children we assist in Kenya.

It is hard to believe that I have been volunteering and working in Kenya for twelve and half years! Seems as though I just started! When looking back I can now smile. There have been many moments of tears and frustration. But when you look into the eyes of the young adults we see graduating from colleges and universities it has been worth it all...my husband may not agree!

For the next few weeks I am going to talk about the goals we set for ourselves ten years ago, whether or not they have been reached and the goals we have for the future. Much of what will be shared will be supported with recent articles and statistics we have been gathering over the years.

My goal is to challenge your current paradigm on humanitarian (or is it?) efforts in developing nations. I promise to keep the posts from becoming to academic but that is who I am so please be tolerant as I get back into blogging.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I am always happy to answer or will help find the answer to your concerns.

Asante sana,
Debra



No comments:

Post a Comment